Your Guide to Becoming an HR Professional
Working in HR is more than recruitment and dealing with colleague conflicts, it is a position that allows you to make a real difference to a workforce. In fact, it is often referred to as the people profession, indicating that roles within HR are based around people as opposed to policies.
Would you describe yourself as a people person? Are you brimming with ideas to improve work life for professionals everywhere? If so, we here at learndirect can put you on a path towards a career in HR.
Intrigued by what we can do? Find out more by requesting a callback!
Register Your Interest
Types of HR Roles
The beauty of Human Resources (HR) is that there are various roles that you can pursue in this sector. With the right qualifications, skillset, and dedication, you can achieve a career in HR. Some of the roles within this wide-ranging sector include:
- HR Officer
- Recruitment Consultant
- Management Consultant
- Training and Development Officer
Is HR a Good Career?
There are many reasons why you should undergo HR training courses. Working in this sector will open doors to a range of exciting careers. Some of the many benefits of working in human resources are the following:
- You can make a difference – By working as an HR professional, you will have the ability to make significant change within an organisation. Depending on your job role, you will be able to put forward company initiatives and implement strategies that will enhance the professional lives of a workforce
- No two days are the same – So many elements fall under the HR umbrella. One day you might be working on a new company policy, and the other you will be focusing on recruitment
- It’s a sociable career – As you will be the first point of call for employees and management, you can expect to be interacting with different people over the course of a day
- Work in most industries – Almost every company has an HR department, so there will be job opportunities across a range of sectors
Does this match your ambition? Well, speak to one of our Course Executives on 01202 006 464 to find out how we can kickstart your career!
Is HR a High Paying Job?
The salary structure will differ depending on the type of HR job you have, but there is money to be made in this field, particularly if you work your way up the rankings. Below we have outlined the salary progression of a handful of roles:
- HR Administrators starting salary – from £18,000 to £23,000
- HR Officers/Advisers – from £24,000 to £35,000
- HR Managers – from £35,000 to £55,000
- HR Directors – from £55,000 to over £80,000
Want the potential to earn an impressive salary? Reach out to our team today!
Study HR Courses Online
So, you’ve decided that you want to work in HR, but what do you need to achieve your goal? Studying accredited HR courses is the best way to secure the role you want. With learndirect, you can enrol on HR courses online.
We boast a range of HR courses that are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the global professional body for experts in people at work. This means that completing one of our CIPD HR courses will give you a globally recognised qualification.
If you are an aspiring HR professional with no experience, then we have the perfect course for you – Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 CIPD.
This HR course, UK hopefuls, covers a range of modules to get you prepared for a role in the people profession. These include:
- Business, Culture and Change in Context
- Principles of Analytics
- Core Behaviours for People Professionals
- Essentials of People Practice
- 100% online learning – There is no need for you to step into a classroom to study our accredited HR courses. This is because they are taught entirely online, so you can make your way through the course at your own pace and in your own time, around your existing commitments
- No experience necessary – For this CIPD Level 3 course, you don’t need any experience to enrol. This is ideal for anyone who has either just left school or is ready for a career switch
- No exams – You won’t need to take an exam to achieve this globally recognised qualification. All you have to do is complete a series of assignments based on the content of our online HR courses
- Get qualified within 1 year – Traditional learning requires you to commit at least one year of your time to achieve a qualification. However, with our CIPD HR courses, despite having two years to complete your course, you can get qualified in less than 1 year! It all depends on the pace of your learning
So, what are you waiting for? Request a callback today or call our team on 01202 006 464.
Courses for HR Professionals Looking to Progress
We cater to the inexperienced individuals aspiring to break into the HR industry, but we also have options for those of you who already work in HR. Below, our two HR training courses will equip you with skills that will boost you towards mid-level and management roles.
- Associate Diploma in People Management Level 5 CIPD
- Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development Level 5 CIPD
Pursue the Career You’re Destined For with our HR Courses
learndirect is the UK’s leading online learning provider, helping more than 4 million learners unlock their full professional potential. If you want to join this group, then get in touch with our team and we’ll steer you in the right direction!
Whether you’re an inexperienced aspiring HR professional or someone who wants to take the next step in their HR career, give us a call on 01202 006 464. Alternatively, contact us online or request a callback now!