Deciding on the right career path can be challenging. If you want to make a positive impact, dental nursing is a great choice. Dental nursing is a secure career where your skills will be in demand almost immediately. As an extra bonus, because you need to work in a dental practice for at least 16 hours a week when you enrol on the course you need to take to qualify, you will earn as you learn.
We understand some students are nervous about being able to find a job, but learndirect makes the process simple with lots of support and guidance.
How learndirect Supports Your Transition into Dental Nursing
When you enrol on your NEBDN National Diploma in Dental Nursing with learndirect, you’ll benefit from a support package that’s designed to help you land your first role in a dental practice once qualified.
Our support package for dental nursing students includes:
- 1:1 support via phone, email and text/WhatsApp
- CV and Cover Letter help and feedback
- Access to jobs from partner practices through our Job Board
- Guidance on where to look for jobs and how to apply
- Tips on how to approach dental practices to enquire about jobs
- Interview Q&As, tips and techniques
- A 1:1 interview preparation session (mock interview) via Zoom
- Weekly email with job opportunities published on our website
- Free access to a weekly live ‘Find a Job’ Q&A webinar on Zoom
- Continuous support whilst you work
- Career progression and further training opportunities
Don’t feel disheartened if you do not find a job straight away; most of our dental nursing students find a job within the first 2-3 months of joining the course, which is entirely normal and the recommended timeframe for finding a job.
You can immediately enrol on the dental nursing diploma whilst looking for work and take advantage of the Career Support team and the help they offer to speed up the process.
The NEBDN National Diploma in Dental Nursing is a nationally recognised qualification that will prove to employers that you have the skills to help keep their practice running smoothly and their patients safe.