If you work, or wish to work in the housing sector, you should take this course to help you understand more about the differences between affordable and social housing, risk and compliance and safeguarding.
The aim of this course is to help you understand the difference between social housing and affordable housing? If you don’t; great, this course will help you out. If you do; great, it’ll provide further information you can use. It will provide an overview of key developments and good practice in risk management linked to social housing providers.
The course will help people who work within housing support services often work with customers, who, for a range of reasons, may be less able to protect themselves from neglect, harm or abuse.
- Look at the differences between social and affordable housing
- Learn the types of both
- Look at eligibility and how to apply
- Learn about maintenance and tenancy types
- Risk and Compliance - Trailer
- The Challenges we Face
- Defining Risk
- Types of Risk
- The Risks you Face
- Real People, Real Consequences
- The Hierarchy of Risk
- Risk Treatments
- Risk Framework
- The Upside of Risk
- Risk Management Policy
- Risk and Compliance - Final Summary
- Adult Safeguarding for Housing Trailer
- Shocking Statistics
- Key Findings - Housing
- Safeguarding and the Law - Housing
- The Principles of Safeguarding - Housing
- What you need to know - Housing
- What does harm look like - Housing
- Understanding the different types of abuse - Housing
- Protecting People - Housing
- Reporting and responding to abuse and neglect - Housing
- Adult Safeguarding for Housing - Final Summary
- Safeguarding Children for Housing - Trailer
- Navigating the Safeguarding Children for Housing Course
- Why Safeguarding is Important - Housing
- Types of Child Abuse - Housing
- Effects of Abuse - Housing
- Who can Abuse a Child - Housing
- What Type of Child may be Abused - Housing
- Children's Rights - Housing
- Child Protection and Safeguarding - Housing
- Raising Concerns - Housing
- Legislation and Safeguarding - Housing
- Safeguarding Children for Housing - Final Summary
There are no entry requirements in order for you to begin this course.
At the end of this course there is an assessment which you can take in your own time
Once a learner has passed the assessment at the end of the course, they will be able to download a learndirect certificate to confirm their progress.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone either in, or about to be join, the social and affordable housing sector
- Anyone who interacts with those in the social and affordable housing sector
- Anyone interested in finding out more about social or affordable housing for other reasons
Need proof of your English and Maths skills? Want to catch up and learn more English and Maths? You can for free when you sign up to this learndirect course.
Get your NUS Extra card
All professional development students are eligible for the NUS Extra card, which gives you access to over 200 UK student discounts with brands like Co-op, Amazon and ASOS. Apply and find out more at http://cards.nusextra.co.uk/