Outdoor bootcamp classes are a great way to get fit and have fun. As there are so many benefits reaped from spending time outdoors, more people are also looking to take their fitness routine outside.
If you’re considering this move, find out what you can expect from an outdoor bootcamp class before you take the plunge.
Bootcamp Classes Explained
A typical bootcamp class involves a variety of exercises, such as running, sprinting, jumping, plyometrics, bodyweight training, and resistance training. Classes are usually held in parks, playing fields, or beaches, so you can expect to use the natural terrain as part of your workout.
More specifically, you can expect a class to incorporate:
Bootcamp classes often use interval training, which involves alternating between bursts of high-intensity activity and periods of rest. This is a great way to burn calories and improve your fitness level. For example, you might do 30 seconds of sprinting followed by 30 seconds of rest, and repeat this cycle for 10 rounds.
Bootcamp classes typically use bodyweight exercises as resistance. This means that you'll be using your own body weight to create resistance, rather than using weights or machines. Examples of bodyweight exercises include push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, squats, and lunges.
In addition to bodyweight exercises, bootcamp classes may also use resistance bands or light hand weights to add more resistance to your workouts. This can help you to build muscle and strength.
Bootcamp classes are typically held outdoors, even in bad weather. So be sure to dress appropriately and bring water with you.
A Supportive Community
Bootcamp classes are a great way to meet new people and make friends. Everyone in the class is there to support each other and reach their fitness goals.
Tips for Attending an Outdoor Bootcamp Class
If you’re planning on attending an outdoor bootcamp class, these tips are well worth a read.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move freely in
- Dress in layers so that you can adjust your clothing as needed
- Bring water with you to stay hydrated
- Arrive early so that you have time to warm up before the class begins
- Listen to your body and don't push yourself too hard
- Have fun!
Outdoor bootcamp classes are a great way to get a full-body workout, improve your fitness level, and meet new people.
Benefits of Outdoor Bootcamp Classes
In addition to being a fun and sociable way to exercise, joining fitness bootcamp classes has a host of other benefits.
- Reduced stress - Spending time outdoors has been shown to reduce stress and improve mood
- Improved cardiovascular health - The interval training and cardio exercises will help to strengthen your heart and lungs
- Increased muscle strength and endurance - The bodyweight and resistance training exercises will target all of the major muscle groups in your body
- Weight loss - The high-intensity interval training and cardio exercises will help you burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time
- Improved balance and coordination - Bootcamp classes often include exercises that challenge your balance and coordination. This can help to improve your overall fitness and reduce your risk of injury
If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding workout that offers a variety of benefits, consider giving an outdoor bootcamp class a try.
Teach Your Own Bootcamp Class
If you want to get qualified in the fitness space to start teaching your own outdoor bootcamp classes, contact our course advisors today to find a training programme that suits you. All our courses are online and can be studied at a time that suits your schedule.
Check them out on our website.