learndirect Ltd is one of the country’s leading organisations in using technology to deliver learning and assessment. We use the latest in technology to provide individuals and business with the skills they need to succeed.
learndirect Ltd is committed to minimising the environmental impact that its business practices have on its surroundings and promoting environmentally sound and sustainable practices. For many years, learndirect Ltd has recognised the importance of behaving in an environmentally responsible way and has adopted suitable working practices to continually improve its environmental performance. learndirect Ltd is aware of its continual impact on the environment through its activities including:
• Hazardous and non-hazardous waste generation, storage and disposal
• Consumption of electricity and water
• Use of resources and consumables
• Procurement and purchasing
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
• Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice;
• Protect the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water;
• Keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources;
• Manage and dispose of all waste in a responsible manner;
• Promoting environmentally aware practices with those working on our behalf through third party contracting arrangements;
• Provide training for staff working for and on behalf of learndirect Ltd to ensure working practices are consistent with the policy and within an environmentally aware culture;
• Regularly communicate our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders;
• Develop our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation;
• Monitor and continuously improve our environmental performance in accordance with our environmental objectives and targets.
This policy statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary or when activities, products or services change. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.
16 September 2015