All you need is access to the internet. You can carry on working, looking for a job, or running a home while completing your learning too.
In many cases, Government funding is available to cover the cost of your learning and the qualification, so you could get both for free!
Some of our qualifications give you the option to complete your learning either at one of our centres around the country, online or in work.
In one of our centres
If you enrol for your qualification through one of our centres you’ll get face-to-face support from our friendly staff. You’ll be able to continue your learning from home, work, or anywhere you have an internet connection. During your learning, you’ll have regular progress reviews with your tutor at your centre (or by phone or email), to make sure you’re on track with your learning.
Learning through a centre is flexible, so how long it takes depends on your needs and circumstances.
Through our centres you can get a qualification in:
- Business administration
- Customer service
- Health and social care
- Functional skills in ICT
- ECDL Essentials
- ECDL Extra
- Life skills
- Job seeking and work skills
- Team leading certificate
We have a range of courses and qualifications you can complete online, using collaborative virtual sessions and video conferencing. This means that you also get the chance to learn with others around the country, giving you extra support. And it makes learning flexible so you can fit it around your life.
Many of these are professional qualifications that require you to demonstrate your learning in a real-life work setting, so you need to be in a suitable role to complete them. But this doesn’t necessarily have to be a paid job, it could be a placement or voluntary work and we can give you advice about this.
We offer online professional qualifications in the subject areas of leadership and management, training and post-16 teaching and employment-related services. They are:
- Advice and guidance NVQ certificate and diploma
- Employment related services award, certificate and diploma
- First line management award, certificates and diploma
- Learning and development certificate and diploma
- Teaching in the lifelong learning sector award (PTLLS, CTLLS and DTLLS)
- English for literacy and language teaching award
- Mathematics for numeracy teaching award
- Assessing vocationally related achievement award
- Internal quality assurance of assessment processes and practice award
- Leading the internal quality assurance of assessment processes and practice certificate