Careers with learndirect Sales Manager
Through education, people can transform their lives and reach career goals. learndirect has been empowering individuals to reach the height of their potential for many years, with a forward-thinking digital approach.
As the UK’s leading online learning provider, we have helped millions of learners gain qualifications that have led to exciting careers. Our work is to empower, inspire, and transform lives through flexible education made accessible to all.
From Access to Higher Education Diplomas and GCSEs to animal courses and accredited dental nursing qualifications, we offer education to individuals from all backgrounds and at any stage of their life and career.
Through partnerships with industry-leading providers in multiple sectors, learndirect has helped more than 4.5 million learners get the qualifications they need.
With rapid expansion well underway, you could become a part of the online solution to educational needs.
As a Sales Manager at learndirect, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales professionals, driving sales strategies, and ensuring revenue growth. You will work on a shift basis to monitor Sales performance. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, results-driven leader with a passion for sales and a strong ability to motivate and guide a faculty. You will play a pivotal role in achieving the company's sales objectives and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Answer inbound calls and make outbound calls to warm leads, who have enquired through one of our multiple adverts
- Work with potential students to understand which course would best suit their goals and walk them through the package they'll receive
- You'll be responsible for enrolling new students onto their chosen course or career program.
- Work to a mandatory script to follow FCA guidelines
- Provide clear, concise and prompt information to potential learners in a way that will follow a TCF approach.
- Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing sales team.
- Set clear performance expectations and KPIs for sales representatives.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and support to team members to help them achieve their targets.
- Foster a positive and motivated sales culture within the team.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Analyse market trends and customer needs to identify new opportunities and areas for growth.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing and product development, to align strategies and maximize sales potential.
- Regularly monitor sales team performance on a shift basis to include evening and weekends and track progress against targets.
- Analyse sales data to identify areas of improvement and take corrective actions.
- Prepare and present sales reports to senior management.
Sales Training and Development:
- Provide ongoing training and professional development opportunities for the sales team.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and product knowledge to share with the team.
- Develop and manage the sales department budget efficiently.
- Ensure cost control and revenue optimization.
- Stay informed about market competition and trends.
- Use market research to adapt strategies and identify areas for improvement.
Why work with us?
- Complete a course of your choice after your probation period
- Clear commission structure and faculty targets
- Excellent holiday allowance plus bank holidays – to include one extra day’s holiday for your birthday / appreciation day
- £50 Amazon thank you Voucher for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox Corporate Perks
- £1,000 reward for referring a successful candidate who passes probation, as many times as you like
- Inclusive culture and positive working environment
- Staff social events
We are an equal opportunity employer, always looking for the right talent based on merit for every position. learndirect believes passionately in including all employees equally in the learndirect culture and mission. We actively encourage diversity of thought and champion our talented individuals.