Careers with learndirect
Head of Marketing Automation
Through education, people can transform their lives and reach career goals. learndirect has been empowering individuals to reach the height of their potential for many years, with a forward-thinking digital approach.
As the UK’s leading online learning provider, we have helped millions of learners gain qualifications that have led to exciting careers. Our work is to empower, inspire, and transform lives through flexible education made accessible to all.
From Access to Higher Education Diplomas and GCSEs to animal courses and accredited dental nursing qualifications, we offer education to individuals from all backgrounds and at any stage of their life and career.
Through partnerships with industry-leading providers in multiple sectors, learndirect has helped more than 4.5 million learners get the qualifications they need.
With rapid expansion well underway, you could become a part of the online solution to educational needs.
- Reporting into the Group Chief Digital Officer, the successful candidate will lead the marketing
- automation strategy, delivery, and future innovative development with the aim of increasing
- customer engagement and lead generation for the brands within the group; together with
- management responsibilities of three executives. Our ideal candidate will be an expert within
- the platform HubSpot and have experience of analysing and utilising data to drive the
- automation platforms usage more effectively and increase ROI.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Create, develop, and implement long-term HubSpot marketing automation strategy for
the brands within the group.
• Examine existing audience segmentation and current customer journeys and
adjust/update to ensure every touchpoint is delivering the highest possible impact.
• Develop additional and innovative personalised stages in customer journeys using data
from HubSpot and own expertise to increase customer engagement and drive lead
• Manage the eCRM team and work with the design team to ensure regular and effective
creation and development of emails/outreach to new, existing, and lapsed learners.
• Ensure outreach/emails are using best practice and are effectively messaged/branded,
with sales growth and increased customer engagement as the objective.
• Analyse and utilise data from HubSpot to form new, pro-active, and innovative means of
contact to learners.
• Research existing and upcoming HubSpot integrations, including new communication
platforms (WhatsApp/Facebook), investigate ROI and deliver with the aim of maximising
reach and response rate.
What we are looking for in you:
Previous experience in a strategic and hands-on Marketing Automation role is essential.
Excellent working knowledge and experience using HubSpot is essential.
A strategic and commercial mindset with experience in increasing sales/revenue as a result of marketing automation strategies and activities.
Pro-active character with an enthusiasm for utilising innovative technologies and practices to increase engagement and lead generation.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Team-centric attitude with the ability to manage executive colleagues effectively and increase productivity.
Why work with us?
- Complete a course of your choice after your probation period
- Excellent holiday allowance plus bank holidays – to include one extra day’s holiday for your birthday / appreciation day
- £50 Amazon thank you Voucher for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox Corporate Perks
- Refer a friend scheme
- Inclusive culture and positive working environment
- Staff social events
We are an equal opportunity employer, always looking for the right talent based on merit for every position. learndirect believes passionately in including all employees equally in the learndirect culture and mission. We actively encourage diversity of thought and champion our talented individuals.