Careers with learndirect
Through education, people can transform their lives and reach career goals. learndirect has been empowering individuals to reach the height of their potential for many years, with a forward-thinking digital approach.
As the UK’s leading online learning provider, we have helped millions of learners gain qualifications that have led to exciting careers. Our work is to empower, inspire, and transform lives through flexible education made accessible to all.
From Access to Higher Education Diplomas and GCSEs to animal courses and accredited dental nursing qualifications, we offer education to individuals from all backgrounds and at any stage of their life and career.
Through partnerships with industry-leading providers in multiple sectors, learndirect has helped more than 4.5 million learners get the qualifications they need.
With rapid expansion well underway, you could become a part of the online solution to educational needs.
About the role:
As part of our strategic aim to be a truly data driven business, we are looking for a data scientist to lead and drive this key objective. This will allow us to gain new levels of insight and understanding, allowing us to optimise the way we operate and provide brilliant customer experiences.
Reporting into the Group Information Officer you will be the group’s subject matter expert in data science, you will establish and operate the analytics team, delivering both operational reports and transformational project using AI/ML along with other methods to solve complex business problems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create, develop and implement the organisation’s data science strategy
- Analyse data from multiple views and sources to identify patterns and trends, highlighting issues and opportunities
- Use insights gained to influence solutions to business challenges and make recommendations to adapt business strategies
- Use a large range of internal and external data sources
- Champion the use of data to inform business decisions, equipping stakeholders with what they need to step-change their decision making
- Generate valuable datasets from a range of unstructured and structured data
- Work closely with colleagues across the business to identify challenges and leverage data for effective decision making
- Use machine learning & artificial intelligence to process and clean data, analysing and developing predictive models
- Develop interactive dashboards
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies, evaluating for applicability the organisation
- Collaborate with the technology team to leverage AI, ML across platforms to provide a brilliant user experience
- Identify key, valuable data sources, automating collection
- Present reports in a clear, concise manner using business language
What we are looking for in you:
Experience and knowledge in:
- statistical analysis
- Data analysis and recommendation report writing
- Data preparation for effective analysis
- Microsoft Power BI
- Experience of using Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Programming skills for common
- Customer profiling and segmentation
- Experience in data mining
- Experience using business intelligence and data visualisation tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex data analysis in concise business language
- Analytical mind combined with business acumen
- Natural problem solver
- Team player
Why work with us?
· Complete a course of your choice after your probation period
· Excellent holiday allowance plus bank holidays – to include one extra day’s holiday for your birthday / appreciation day
· £50 Amazon thank you Voucher for your birthday
· Company pension scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Perkbox Corporate Perks
· Refer a friend scheme
· Inclusive culture and positive working environment
· Staff social events
We are an equal opportunity employer, always looking for the right talent based on merit for every position. learndirectbelieves passionately in including all employees equally in the learndirect culture and mission. We actively encourage diversity of thought and champion our talented individuals.