Careers with learndirect Management Accountant
Through education, people can transform their lives and reach career goals. learndirect has been empowering individuals to reach the height of their potential for many years, with a forward-thinking digital approach.
As the UK’s leading online learning provider, we have helped millions of learners gain qualifications that have led to exciting careers. Our work is to empower, inspire, and transform lives through flexible education made accessible to all.
From Access to Higher Education Diplomas and GCSEs to animal courses and accredited dental nursing qualifications, we offer education to individuals from all backgrounds and at any stage of their life and career.
Through partnerships with industry-leading providers in multiple sectors, learndirect has helped more than 4.5 million learners get the qualifications they need.
With rapid expansion well underway, you could become a part of the online solution to educational needs.
To work as part of a growing finance team to assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts. You will work closely with all members of the finance team to ensure the accurate and timely completion of management accounts for multiple subsidiaries.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in the production of management accounts for various subsidiaries within the group
- Calculate and post monthly accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing payroll and other journals
- Calculating and processing intra group recharges
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Ad hoc projects as requested by the Group Financial Controller
- Preparation of working documents for the year end audit process
- Assisting with audit queries
What we are looking for in you:
- Management accounts
- Financial accounting
- Purchase ledger/Sales ledger
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Excellent excel skills
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT or equivalent
- An analytical mind willing to challenge and suggest process improvements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good Communication skills
- Good relationship building skills
Why work with us?
- Complete a course of your choice after your probation period
- Excellent holiday allowance plus bank holidays – to include one extra day’s holiday for your birthday / appreciation day
- £50 Amazon thank you Voucher for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox Corporate Perks
- Refer a friend scheme
- Inclusive culture and positive working environment
- Staff social events
We are an equal opportunity employer, always looking for the right talent based on merit for every position. learndirect believes passionately in including all employees equally in the learndirect culture and mission. We actively encourage diversity of thought and champion our talented individuals.