Careers with learndirect
Head of Quality Operations
Through education, people can transform their lives and reach career goals. learndirect has been empowering individuals to reach the height of their potential for many years, with a forward-thinking digital approach.
As the UK’s leading online learning provider, we have helped millions of learners gain qualifications that have led to exciting careers. Our work is to empower, inspire, and transform lives through flexible education made accessible to all.
From Access to Higher Education Diplomas and GCSEs to animal courses and accredited dental nursing qualifications, we offer education to individuals from all backgrounds and at any stage of their life and career.
Through partnerships with industry-leading providers in multiple sectors, learndirect has helped more than 4.5 million learners get the qualifications they need.
With rapid expansion well underway, you could become a part of the online solution to educational needs.
About the role:
This is a key role in driving up standards across all our faculties (subjects). You'll be responsible for the management and continuous development of our learning delivery team which comprises of our Heads of Faculties, administrators, freelance tutors and assessors. Our delivery team is instrumental in seeing our students succeed in their chosen specialism, to maximise their potential.
It is essential that the successful candidate has an in-depth knowledge of the Education sector. Our products are a mix of accredited and unaccredited products, so requires a blend of non-statutory frameworks and professional bodies. The candidate must have a strong understanding of Quality Assurance processes and requirements such as standardisation, curriculum reviews and practice supervision. The role holder must be able to apply this experience with strong communication and influencing skills, across a range of stakeholders nationally.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To have overall responsibility for our quality processes, governance and management. Our culture is one of leading by doing, so the candidate must be able to apply their experience and translate this into actionable tasks.
- Design and implement organisational Quality Assurance and Management systems. We have mixed maturity across the organisation and want to ensure we are consistent so all our learners benefit and reach their maximum potential.
- Ensure learner satisfaction data is obtained, evaluated, and utilised effectively
- To agree and achieve any agreed KPI’s for Quality, demonstrating what ‘world class’ looks like and formulating a plan for us to get there.
- Build and maintain team relationships to ensure there is engagement across all faculties, of varying subjects such as health, beauty, dental, animal care and technical.
- To represent the business as required in Quality Assurance meetings with EQA’s and Awarding Organisations, dealing with outcomes and findings to resolution.
- To maintain effective communications with the stakeholders to ensure issues are clear and shared with proposed mitigating action plans.
- In liaison with the HR Team, define, implement, and manage an appropriate recruitment strategy to ensure appropriately qualified staff are recruited (when necessary), retained and that the correct occupational competencies are maintained
- Understand our competitors/potential competitors so our Quality processes are current and follow best practice.
- Plan and implement an approach to CPD across the Delivery teams, so our teams benefit from regular progression and development.
- To promote strong working relationships between colleagues, improving operational processes where appropriate, to benefit learners.
- To attend, contribute to and facilitate meetings within the Delivery Team in order to manage Delivery Operations effectively
- To produce weekly, monthly management reports and commentary as required and in ensure visibility of Quality issues, progress and achievements.
- To contribute to the positive reputation and profile of the business by proactively engaging in industry specific marketing and promotional activities.
- Ensure policies and procedures are current and reflecting best practice. This includes, for example, Safeguarding, Equality, Inclusion & Diversity, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance policies.
- To manage and deliver the agreed budget.
- To uphold, and continuously develop, rigorous standards across the faculty in terms of teaching practice and faculty management
What we are looking for in you:
- In-depth Knowledge of Education Sector specific legislation, non-statutory frameworks, and Professional Bodies
- Deep understanding of Quality processes and requirements with experience in managing issues with Awarding Organisations/Awarding Bodies.
- Knowledge of, and a commitment to, integrating policies and practice regarding equality, inclusion and diversity into programmes of delivery
- Experience of implementing working practice changes to improve standards in an operational team.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, working with peers and colleagues to make improvements across faculties.
- Strong leadership experience that demonstrates previous success in providing solutions to improve Quality standards.
- Degree in a relevant field.
- A problem solver able that is action-oriented.
- A passion for driving improvements in educational attainment.
- Exemplary communication skills
- Ability to work at pace and respond positively to change.
Why work with us?
- Complete a course of your choice after your probation period
- Excellent holiday allowance plus bank holidays – to include one extra day’s holiday for your birthday / appreciation day
- £50 Amazon thank you Voucher for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox Corporate Perks
- Refer a friend scheme
- Inclusive culture and positive working environment
- Staff social events
We are an equal opportunity employer, always looking for the right talent based on merit for every position. learndirect believes passionately in including all employees equally in the learndirect culture and mission. We actively encourage diversity of thought and champion our talented individuals.