Careers with learndirect
Online Support Tutor
This is a great opportunity for someone with a TEFL qualification and teaching experience that is looking to enhance their skills and provide online support to trainees.
You’ll be joining a team dedicated to helping future TEFL teachers make that first step by getting qualified. Alongside this, you will receive a comprehensive induction and regular one-to-one guidance.
The successful candidate should be passionate about all things TEFL and want to pass that on to others. The role requires patience and understanding of what it feels like to go from being a complete novice to standing up in front of the classroom for the first time.
You should have the ability to explain complex parts of the course in simple terms and make it understandable to anyone. You’ll be assisting with anything from grammar to phonetics.
You should love talking with people on the phone and should be fully computer literate (able to use Microsoft Office with confidence as a minimum). Experience in using a Learning Management System is desirable. Full training on our systems will be provided.
Your written communications must also be high quality – hopefully that goes without saying!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Handling calls, emails, and live chat to answer learner questions
· Investigating and resolving learner issues quickly and patiently
· Working alongside the customer service team to provide high quality support
· Liaising with our team of tutors
· Maintaining own CPD and staying up to date with the TEFL industry
What we're looking for in you:
· Ability to multi-task and follow procedures to work effectively
· Fast paced
· Strong administrative skills
· Ability to handle technical issues
· Solid classroom or online teaching experience
· Firm understanding of TEFL principles
· Teaching experience ideally 4 years+ in a variety of settings
· Experience of working in a customer service environment
· CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL or similar qualification
· A strong commitment to customer service and helping students through their courses
· Team player
· Computer literacy is essential (Microsoft Office at a minimum)
Why work with us?
· Complete a course of your choice after your probation period
· Excellent holiday allowance plus bank holidays – to include one extra day’s holiday for your birthday / appreciation day
· £50 Amazon thank you Voucher for your birthday
· Company pension scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Perkbox Corporate Perks
· Refer a friend scheme
· Inclusive culture and positive working environment
· Staff social events
We are an equal opportunity employer, always looking for the right talent based on merit for every position. learndirect believes passionately in including all employees equally in the learndirect culture and mission. We actively encourage diversity of thought and champion our talented individuals.