Thank you to everyone who attended the Supplier Consultation Meetings in January, below are the notes from the following sessions, and copies of the PowerPoint presentations.
26 January – Business Opportunities
Suppliers to share opportunities on new bids via the Supply Chain Newsletter. Please send any opportunities to Network.email@example.com
- Make lessons plans available for suppliers to use
- Products should be more agile and up to date – feedback to Products team.
- There is a need for ESOL for medical staff – can a product be developed in this area?
- learndirect should improve and extend the range of e-courses
- Employer engagement is too reactive, there should be more working in partnership with employers.
28 January – The impact of supply chain activities on external stakeholders, customer’s well-being and environmental sustainability
- Use of Skype or Facetime to replace face to face meetings
- Print only in black and white and not colour
- Schedule computers to turn off every evening
- Turn off computers overnight – encourage the learner to switch on and off computers in centres before and after use
- Check energy bills – read your own meters, don’t be billed from estimates
- Use LED light bulbs
- Local councils will have schemes such as eco-drive courses, bike to work, free months bus pass – review what is happening in your local area
- Environmental Sustainability info is available at gov.uk
- learndirect to share good practice / quick wins in the Supplier newsletter
- learndirect to publicise their findings from their environmental review.
- learndirect to share their environmental sustainability polices.
- Use a Nutrition quiz with learners
- UKOnline – unit to help people prepare for using IT. http://www.learnmyway.com/get-started
- learndirect to do more central communications via Facebook, Twitter and social media in general.
- Request for learndirect to produce some bit sized courses in learner well-being.
- learndirect to share links to useful websites on Safeguarding.
- Can the employer sales team target medium sized? Not just large employers?
We have shared your feedback with the relevant teams at learndirect Head Office and will update you with their feedback in the next few weeks.