learndirect Ltd has been awarded up to an 18-month extension to their contract delivering ‘Life in the UK’ tests on behalf of the UK Border Agency (UKBA). The extension can run until September 2014.
Last month the government released a revised version of the handbook – called ‘Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents’ – which underpins the test.
Tests based on the new handbook will be available from 25 March 2013 and, like the current test, they can be sat at any of the 63 learndirect test centres across the UK.
Suzana Lopes, Senior Vice President – Sales at learndirect Ltd, said: “We’re very proud of the work we’ve done with the UK Border Agency to deliver Life in the UK tests since they were launched in November 2005.
“The infrastructure and service we’ve built has enabled us to deliver some 1.4 million tests to date. More importantly, we’ve been able to ensure the service is available 100 per cent of the time.
“In a recent customer satisfaction survey 97 per cent of test candidates were satisfied or very satisfied with our service and 96 per cent were satisfied with the booking and payments system.
“We’ve also supported UKBA to become the first government agency to offer 100 per cent online bookings and payments for customers, a service which went live in June 2011.
“In the age of digital by default, where more services are being delivered online, this is a great example of how public services can be delivered in an efficient way for our customers.”
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 025 6500.
- learndirect is the UK’s leading online learning provider
- Over the last 10 years, we’ve worked with more than 6,000 organisations – large and small, public and private – to help them develop the skilled staff they need to thrive
- And we’ve already helped more than 3.5 million people transform their lives with new skills, so contributing to national workforce productivity
- We’ve delivered hundreds of thousands of qualifications with high success rates and robust quality processes
- 10,000 people log on and learn with us every day, and our learner satisfaction percentage is consistently in the upper 90s