Retail Week Connect Think Tank events invites retail decision makers to discuss, debate the facts and stats, test lines of thinking, and help co-create practical solutions to the contentious and challenging problems you face every day.
Why is the prestige of working in retail disappearing?
- Other industries look down on retail
- Retailers aren’t offering multiple entry points into their business
- Executives have lost touch with store staff
- School leavers need better educating on the benefits of a job in retail
- The breadth of roles in retail aren’t being adequately advertised
At the debate Lloyd Thomas, Group Apprenticeship Manager at the Co-operative Group, will be sharing his experiences of the grocer’s talent development strategy and the benefits of learning on the job whilst gaining qualifications and experience.
Hear from learndirect, the UK’s largest provider of skills, training and employment services on how they’re helping retailers, such as; Greggs, Poundland, Sainsburys and the Co-operative Group attract, recruit and retain the best talent.
The event will take place on Thursday 17th September from 8:30am at The Globe Theatre, 21 New Globe Walk, Bankside, London SE1 9DT