Our Food Safety Level 2 course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards [NOS] and endorsed by IQ Industrial Qualifications. The Food Safety courses cover all training requirements.
The food industry has a legal obligation under The Food Safety Act 1990  and The Food Hygiene Regulations  to ensure it will not cause harm to customers. As a food handler in this industry you have a legal responsibility to be fully aware of the potential risks in preparing and handling food and to observe the highest standards of food safety to minimize that risk.
The benefit of following good safety practices in your job will mean good working conditions, happy satisfied customers, and most importantly compliance with food safety legislation.
By taking this Level 2 course you will:
- understand your responsibilities with regard to food legislation
- become familiar with the different type of bacteria, the different types of food poisoning and how food can become contaminated
- understand how to store and prepare food following safe working practises
- understand the importance of working in a safe, hygienic and healthy work place
- understand the importance of clean schedules
The course is endorsed at Level 2 standard by the Industrial Qualifications [IQ] awarding body. This is not a regulated qualification. You can learn at your own pace and you'll have 6 months to complete your training. Your access to the course finishes once it has been fully completed.
This Level 2 Food Safety course also includes the topics; Food Borne Bacteria and Disease, Transfer of Bacteria, Contamination controls (Pest controls – Birds, Rodents, Insects), The Eight Principles of HACCP and Cleaning Procedures.
This Food Safety Level 2 by the Industrial Qualifications [IQ] awarding body.
The certificate can be downloaded from within the course once the learning has been completed. A learndirect completion certificate will also be sent by email.