PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a project management method that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful project. A de facto standard, it was developed by the UK government and is used and recognised extensively in both the public and private sectors, in the UK and internationally.
This "Practitioner Level" course leads to the second of the two PRINCE2® examinations to become a fully certified PRINCE2® Practitioner. (You must first have achieved your PRINCE2® Foundation certificate which is also available from learndirect).
The course provides:
- Instant online access to the accredited multimedia e-learning course for 12 months (approx. 15 hours of study time)
- A flexible exam process – take online, in-house or at a local test centre
- The official PRINCE2® Practitioner exam is included with this course)
- Access to helpful downloadable learning resources and videos)
Through your PRINCE2® Practitioner certification, you will be able to demonstrate that you can:
- Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2® products
- Understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2® products and can apply this understanding
- Understand the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2®, and the principles underpinning these elements
- Tune PRINCE2® to different project circumstances
Please note that the official PRINCE2® Practitioner manual which is used for reference within the exam is not included with this course and must be purchased separately (price £60). To buy the manual please go to trainingbytesize.com/learndirect/.
Please note that due to the introduction of a new syllabus, current PRINCE2 students (using this course) have until 31 December 2017 to sit their exam.
The exam is included in the price. Following your enrolment on the course, you will receive an email containing your PRINCE2® Practitioner exam voucher and the instructions to book your exam time. Your exam voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. You can take your exam via your PC (web cam required). Alternatively, the paper-based exam can be taken in exam centres around the UK (centres in London, Newcastle, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Chester and York). You will need to show photo ID (passport or driving licence).
You should provide at least 2 weeks' notice to book your exam, and allow 3 to 5 working days to receive your joining instructions.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner exam format:
- Objective testing
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open-book examination (using only the official PRINCE2® Manual)
This exam aims to measure whether a candidate would be able to apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. Candidates need to exhibit the competence that was required for them to pass their Foundation qualification, and additionally show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
This course is published by Training Bytesize Ltd, a PRINCE2® Accredited Training Organisation.