This Foundation level certification aims to measure whether a candidate understands the benefits management principles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities and documents, specifically to know and understand the:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics
- Principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are based
- Five practices contained within the Benefits Management Cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation
- Approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
Managing Benefits has been carefully designed to complement existing Best Practice in portfolio, programme and project management such as PRINCE2®, MSP®, P3O® & MoP®. It consolidates existing guidance on benefits management into one place, while expanding on the specific practices and techniques aimed at optimising benefits realisation.
This Managing Benefits course offers learners:
- Instant online access to the accredited multimedia e-learning course for one whole year (approx. 8 hours of study time), covering the full background knowledge for the exam.
- Interactive quizzes and mock exam simulators to test knowledge ahead of the exam
- A flexible exam process – take online via a webcam, in-house or at a local test centre. (The official Managing Benefits Foundation exam is included with this course).
Upon completion of the training you can sit the Managing Benefits exam (included in the price) which leads to an internationally recognised qualification.
- Online from your preferred location (webcam and microphone required), or paper-based at selected exam centres (see below).
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
You'll receive your exam booking code and booking instructions by email when the course is added to your account. You can book your exam to be taken online at a time, date and location convenient for you. Alternatively, the paper-based exam can be taken in exam centres around the UK (centres in London, Newcastle, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Chester and York). You will need to show photo ID (passport or driving licence).
You should provide at least 2 weeks' notice to book your exam, and allow 3 to 5 working days to receive your joining instructions.