By taking this course you will:
- understand cellar equipment
- learn how to receive and store cask ales and keg beer
- learn how to manage stock, control wastage and correctly change kegs
- learn about cellar safety, risk assessments, reporting accidents, line cleaning and hygiene procedures.
- learn about the factors involved in creating the "perfect serve" (styles of beer, glassware, fault finding, pouring).
The course will enable employers to demonstrate that appropriate training has been conducted, and will provide a valuable support for employment opportunities in this area of work.
This course covers the following:
Section 1 - Knowing Your Cellar
Cellar Equipment, Storing Drinks, Cask Ale and Keg Beer.
Section 2 - Working In A Cellar
Taking Deliveries, Stock Control, Stock Wastage, Changing Kegs, Casks and Gas.
Section 3 - Cellar Safety And Hygiene
Cellar Safety, Risk Assessment and Reporting Accidents, Cellar Hygiene, Beer Line Cleaning.
Section 4 - The Perfect Serve
Styles of Beer, Glassware, Pouring Beer, Fault Finding, The Perfect Pint.
This course has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality [IOH], the Scottish Qualifications Authority [SQA] and Quality Marked by the Hospitality Guild.
The certificate can be downloaded from within the course once the learning has been completed. A learndirect completion certificate will also be sent by email.