This interactive Level 2* course from the National Skills Academy for Food & Drink (the organisation for industry training) is aimed at anyone working in a food manufacturing or processing environment.
Whether you work on your own, in a small business or part of a larger operation, this course provides the assurance that your Food Safety training meets environmental health expectations.
For employers, this course will provide a cost effective, flexible and consistent way to train staff, helping to grow your business through improved standards. For individuals, the course will demonstrate that you have received appropriate training to a recognised industry standard.
There are no formal entry requirements and you don't need any previous experience or qualifications in food safety to start learning.
When you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand about food hygiene and safety and why it is important
- Know your responsibilities in food hygiene and safety
- Know the terminology, signs and processes related to food safety
- Recognise and avoid food poisoning
- Know how to prevent contamination
- Know how to preserve and control food
- Provide evidence to inspectors of appropriate training in Food Safety within your manufacturing environment.