By taking this course you will:
- understand your responsibility with regard to licensing legislation
- understand your responsibility when dealing with young people and alcohol
- be aware of the physical signs of alcohol abuse and how to deal with it
- be aware of your responsibilities in the service of alcohol
- be able to identify the different types of drugs and how to deal with the problems
- be able to identify the signs of conflict and how to deal with it effectively.
You can learn at your own pace and you'll have 6 months to complete your training. Your access to the course finishes once it has been fully completed.
Please note that this is not the Personal License Holder award that is required for managers of licensed premises. This particular course is designed for frontline staff and enables employers to demonstrate that appropriate training has been conducted, fully supporting the legal guidelines for appropriate training in "licensing and social responsibility". As such, it will also provide valuable support for those looking for employment opportunities in this area of work.
This course has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality [IOH], the Scottish Qualifications Authority [SQA] and Quality Marked by the Hospitality Guild.
The certificate can be downloaded from within the course once the learning has been completed. A learndirect completion certificate will also be sent by email.