Having trouble accessing your learndirect course? Follow the steps below for help with common course problems such as courses running slowly or screen freezing.
1. Update My PC
Check your computer meets the minimum requirements for learndirect courses by using the ‘Update my PC’ tool. This tool will also help you find out if there’s anything you need that will allow your computer to work with learndirect courses.
2. Checking your plugins are working properly
Click on ‘Tools’, then select ‘Add-ons’ from the drop-down menu. This will bring up the add-ons window, now click on ‘Plugins’.
- If the course you are having trouble with needs Flash, look for ‘Shockwave Flash’
- If the course you are having trouble with needs Shockwave, look for ‘Shockwave for Director’
- If the course you are having trouble with needs Authorware, look for ‘Authorware Web Player’
If the required software is highlighted in grey, then click on the ‘enable’ button to make it active. Click on the ‘x’ in the top right-hand corner of the window to close it when you’re finished.
If enabling the software doesn’t make your course work, or they were already enabled, then the software may not be working properly. If you think this might be the case, you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall it. Call us on0800 101 901 if you need help with how to do this.
3. Adding learndirect to your trusted sites list and making sure your courses work with your pop-up/ad-blocking software
For details on how to do this, please have a look at Setting up your computer to get started with learndirect.
4. Clearing your cache and cookies from your computer and making sure cookies are enabled
For details on how to clear your internet cache and enable cookies in Firefox please follow the links below.
5. Checking your firewall or anti-virus software isn’t stopping you from accessing your learndirect learning
The easiest way to ensure that your firewall is not blocking your access to learndirect services is to use your firewall control panel to allow data from *.learndirect.com.
In order to make these changes to your firewall software we would advise that you refer to the user manual that came with the software, or alternatively visit the firewall producer’s website and access their relevant help pages.