As a parent/carer you want your child to get the best start to their career. There are many options available to young people and they’ll be given lots of advice and guidance at school, but they’ll need to think about what interests them and what they want to do next.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is completed on the job, so it’s an opportunity to gain valuable work experience, get a nationally recognised qualification AND earn a salary. Apprenticeships also count as education, so if your child is aged 16-18, they’re a great alternative to staying on at sixth form or college.
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
Staying in full time education isn’t the right choice for everyone. There’s been a huge increase in young people deciding to do an Apprenticeship because of the many benefits it gives them.
Apprenticeships have really changed over the years, many people used to think they are just for those in trades, but there are now lots of different types of Apprenticeships in many industries. From business skills and retail, to childcare, healthcare and dental, we currently have apprentices all over the UK in a wide range of roles. So whatever, your child wants to do, an Apprenticeship can provide a perfect starting point.
As the UK’s largest Apprenticeship provider we work with thousands of employers to bring exciting Apprenticeship vacancies all year round, including employers such as The Co-Operative, Lloyds Banking Group, Sainsburys, Tesco, the NHS, the Ministry for Justice, Direct Line Group, British Gas, Asquith Nurseries, and many more. Some of our current job roles include:
- Apprentice personal banking adviser at Lloyds Banking Group
- Customer service apprentice at HM Prison Bullingdon
- Pathology IT administrative apprentice with the Plymouth Hospital NHS Trust
- Apprentice sales associate at H Samuel
- Apprentice nursery assistant at East Claydon School
- Apprentice nursery nurse at First Steps Nursery
- Apprentice support worker with the Affinity Trust
- Healthcare apprentice with the Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust
- Apprentice dental nurse at Prestige Dental Care
You can view all our current vacancies here.