Our capabilities in the dental sector
- We’ve worked with more than 450 dental care providers
- Our City & Guilds Dental Nursing Apprenticeship (level 3) is accepted for registration with the GDC
- We have trained hundreds of nurses for the dental care sector
- We can recruit and train new dental nurses
- We can also up-skill existing management and administrative staff
Dental nursing Apprenticeship
Our advanced (level 3) Apprenticeship from City and Guilds meet GDC standards where learners can register with the GDC following successful completion of the level 3 diploma in dental nursing. The qualification covers a breadth of topics, including:
- preparing and maintaining environments, instruments and equipment for clinical dental procedures
- providing information and support to individuals on the protection of their oral health
- providing chair side support during the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery
- principles of infection control in the dental environment
- assessment of oral health and treatment planning
- management of oral health diseases and dental procedures
It’s the perfect foundation for those wishing to go on and train to become a hygienist, dental therapist or orthodontic therapist.
All our Apprenticeships are available for new and existing employees.
We also have range of business skills training to develop the skills of those working in the sector that might not be providing dental care, such as managers, receptionists or administrative staff.
For a free consultation and to find out how we can help your business, please complete our short form and request a call back or call us on 0800 101 901.
If you’re an employee and interested in completing an Apprenticeship with your current employer, we can speak to your employer on your behalf about setting you up on a programme. Find out more and register your interest here.
From start to finish we’ll guide you through your Apprenticeships journey, from explaining how funding works and keeping you up to date with the latest developments on the Apprenticeship levy, to supporting you and your apprentice throughout the duration of their training (which lasts on average 12 months) and equipping your staff with the skills your business needs.
Our highly qualified trainers and assessors will work with you to deliver on-the-job training, in your workplace and at times that suit you, minimising the impact on your apprentices day to day responsibilities.
As part of our service, we take the hassle out of recruitment with our dedicated applicant management team can present you with quality candidates quickly. We search for and screen all our candidates and as the UKs leading provider, we get far more applicants than we have vacancies to fill, which means we have a large nationwide talent pool of pre-screened and interview ready candidates for you to choose from.
Dental sector experience
Rodericks Dental are a nationwide provider of high quality dental services for NHS patients, operating more than 60 high quality, modern NHS dental practices all over the country.
We’re working in partnership to train all their dental nurses to GDC standards. Farhan Zaidi, Training Manager at Rodericks said:
“Working with learndirect has been great. They’re a large training organisation, however they can be flexible when dealing with employers. Their staff are friendly and willing to help meet our training needs. We’ve had great experiences and look forward to continuing our relationship with them.”
Get in touch for a free consultation
Join 450 other dental care providers nationwide who are benefiting from our fully-funded Apprenticeship service. Get in touch today. Call us on 0800 101 901 or request a call back.