- Funded, accredited training for employers of all sizes.
- learndirect is the UK’s largest integrated provider of skills, training and employment services.
- We can help you boost the confidence and efficiency of your staff through new skills and qualifications, helping you to tackle skills shortages and improve business productivity
- Our approach is tailored to meet the unique needs of your business and your people.
Our training can either be delivered direct to staff on your premises, at one of our local centres or even flexibly wherever there’s access to the internet.
- Increase productivity and save money
- Reporting on the impact training has on your business
- Employees communicate, participate and contribute more effectively
- Builds a personalised learning plan to feed into probation and annual review process
- Linking in with LEP business initiatives to support your business
- Accredited training
- Flexible delivery to minimise business impact
- Improved customer service
- Improved staff retention
What type of courses are available for your organisation?Our training packages have been devised to meet the specific challenges facing businesses in your area. Across the region there is a strong ambition to grow and to boost productivity. To achieve this, employers in the area need to make sure their existing workforce has the right mix of skills to meet demand and keep up with new technologies, as well as attracting new talent to replace experienced staff who are retiring.
Our experts will draw from hundreds of qualifications to create a training package to meet your business needs. Our courses cover a diverse range of specialist technical skills, as well as vital transferable skills including managing and leading teams, business improvement techniques and effective working relationships, essential to the smooth-running of every business.
Employers looking to attract new talent can also benefit from our extensive range of courses covering basic employability skills, communication and people skills and functional maths, literacy and ICT. Each qualification is designed to ensure young people get the job-ready training they need to hit the ground running and deliver for your business. Our courses can also help to target specific skills gaps facing workers moving to your business from other sectors.
How can tailored training and development improve your organisation?Investing in the skills of your people is always good for business. For employers across your region striving to improve their productivity while facing multiple skills shortages, it is essential.
Our local experts will complete a full training needs analysis to identify skills gaps in your workforce. They will also signpost opportunities for development which could make all the difference to your business’s ability to thrive in a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment.
Upskilling your staff not only increases productivity and boosts efficiency; it also motivates and makes people feel valued which research shows improves staff retention. Investing in tailored training and development will also widen your appeal as an employer as you will be able to offer clear career and progression pathways to potential employees.
We can help you to nurture new talent and ensure your business can draw on the right mix of skills. And, because our training can be delivered flexibly, whether at your workplace, from home or at one of our centres, it can fit around the working day minimising the impact of time out for training on your business.