SKILLS Local - Supporting workforce development and business growthSKILLS Local provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your businesses skills and training needs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
What can SKILLS Local do for your business?
- Improve business productivity
- Access funding for accredited training
- Boost the efficiency and confidence of staff
- Acquire new skills and qualifications
- Support in growing your business
- Support in identifying your training needs
- Access a range of cash incentives
- Sector events for sharing best practice
- Skills to future proof your business
Our training is flexible – it can be delivered direct to staff on your premises, at one of our local centres or wherever there’s access to the internet.
In addition, businesses can claim up to £1950 of incentives by simply training and providing progression for your employees*
Partner training providers
- HIT Training is the leading specialist training provider for the UK’s hospitality and catering industry. Its training offer covers all areas of the hospitality and catering industry and the Connect 2 Care arm of its business supports the Health and Social Care industry. Its training is flexibly delivered, accredited and non accredited, to support individuals to improve their existing skills and knowledge through classroom and work based learning.
HIT Training knows the positive impact of work-based training for employers, employees and the wider economy. This investment in people and their skills make businesses more efficient and profitable, and ensures people improve their life chances. Helping people become the best they can be makes good business sense.
What next?Call 0345 5210066 now or fill in the form to arrange a callback. A member of our team will contact you directly or refer you to one of our fully funded visitor economy course training providers working in partnership with learndirect.
Find out more about our funded skills support for the workforce training >>
Visitor Economy challenges*
- The visitor economy sector in D2N2 is home to 5,700 business
- D2N2 attracts over 70 million visitors a year (a combination of day and night visitors), contributing over £3bn to the local economy
- The combined Visitor Economy and Retail sector employs 171,000 people within the LEP area.
- Skills shortages in the visitor economy have been identified in roles including chefs, customer service staff and hospitality management.