SKILLS Local - Supporting workforce development and business growthSKILLS Local provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your businesses skills and training needs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
What can SKILLS Local do for your business?
- Improve business productivity
- Access funding for accredited training
- Boost the efficiency and confidence of staff
- Acquire new skills and qualifications
- Support in growing your business
- Support in identifying your training needs
- Access a range of cash incentives
- Sector events for sharing best practice
- Skills to future proof your business
Our training is flexible – it can be delivered direct to staff on your premises, at one of our local centres or wherever there’s access to the internet.
In addition, businesses can claim up to £1950 of incentives by simply training and providing progression for your employees*
Partner training providers
What next?Call 0345 5210066 now or fill in the form to arrange a callback. A member of our team will contact you directly or refer you to one of our fully funded transport & logistics course training providers working in partnership with learndirect.
Find out more about our funded skills support for the workforce training >>
Transport & Logistics challenges*
- The transport and logistics sector within D2N2 is home to 2,625 businesses.
- The sector plays a key role in the success of many other sectors, it provides the means through which supplies are obtained and goods are transported to the local market, the national market and international markets.
- There are particular shortages of qualified lorry drivers and skills relating to supply chain management – key elements of a successful sector.
- As well as attracting younger workers, it is vital that training is available to equip people with the required skills to ensure they are ‘work-ready’. Employers, Local Authorities, the Local Enterprise Partnership, Schools and Colleges all have a role to play here.