SKILLS Local - Supporting workforce development and business growthSKILLS Local provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your businesses skills and training needs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
What can SKILLS Local do for your business?
- Improve business productivity
- Access funding for accredited training
- Boost the efficiency and confidence of staff
- Acquire new skills and qualifications
- Support in growing your business
- Support in identifying your training needs
- Access a range of cash incentives
- Sector events for sharing best practice
- Skills to future proof your business
Our training is flexible – it can be delivered direct to staff on your premises, at one of our local centres or wherever there’s access to the internet.
In addition, businesses can claim up to £1950 of incentives by simply training and providing progression for your employees*
Partner training providers
What next?Call 0345 5210066 now or fill in the form to arrange a callback. A member of our team will contact you directly or refer you to one of our fully funded life sciences course training providers working in partnership with learndirect.
Find out more about our funded skills support for the workforce training >>
Life Sciences challenges*
- Life sciences is a growing sector nationally and globally, with an ageing population, increasing health consciousness, new technologies and tightening healthcare budgets increasing the demand for innovative healthcare
- The life sciences sector in D2N2 is home to 200 SME businesses
- The life Sciences sector particularly faces skills gaps in: mathematics and ICT, knowledge of bioinformatics, statistics and data mining, as well as health economics and outcomes.
- There is a shortage of experienced professionals, such as those with experience of translational medicine and clinical pharmacology.