SKILLS Local - Supporting workforce development and business growthSKILLS Local provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your businesses skills and training needs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
What can SKILLS Local do for your business?
- Improve business productivity
- Access funding for accredited training
- Boost the efficiency and confidence of staff
- Acquire new skills and qualifications
- Support in growing your business
- Support in identifying your training needs
- Access a range of cash incentives
- Sector events for sharing best practice
- Skills to future proof your business
Our training is flexible – it can be delivered direct to staff on your premises, at one of our local centres or wherever there’s access to the internet.
In addition, businesses can claim up to £1950 of incentives by simply training and providing progression for your employees*
Partner training providers
The Skills Network
- The Skills Network was established in 2009 and has educated more than 100,000 learners with achievement rates consistently > 90%.
Its courses are designed by its own publishers, graphic designers, web developers, videographers, tutors, assessors and other support staff to up-skill staff throughout a diverse range of sectors. All courses are completed through distance learning with tutor support to provide a flexible learning environment for staff, giving them the choice to either study at work or in their own time.
- The Acorn Training Group is an established provider of government private sector led services, with a large scale, regional foot print across central England and the capacity to implement and deliver high profile payment by results programmes. With an existing knowledge base, staffing structure and centralised services, it provides large geographical end-to-end solutions in social justice, welfare, health and education.
The Acorn Training Group supports government policy priorities and prime provider procurement strategies, as an established and trusted key partner. Its approach to reducing unemployment, developing work force skills, health and justice services is delivered using a highly successful person-centred approach.
- Access Training has been successfully providing 'on the job' training in the East Midlands area for over 30 years, working with a variety of both large and small employers.
Its focus on the D2N2 contract is to work with committed employers who want to up skill their employees to offer not only better opportunities for them but increase the success of their business. Its area of focus are within construction, care and visitor attractions, engaging with employers to see the benefit of the ESF funding provided.
Access Training’s staff have all been practitioners in their field and are all vocationally qualified so that you can be assured of a quality experience.
What next?Call 0345 5210066 now or fill in the form to arrange a callback. A member of our team will contact you directly or refer you to one of our fully funded health & social care course training providers working in partnership with learndirect.
Find out more about our funded skills support for the workforce training >>
Food & Drink Manufacturing challenges*
- D2N2 has 3,170 employing enterprises in the HSC sector with a roughly equal number of D2 and N2.
- It is a significant source of employment accounting for 12% of total D2N2 employment with almost 126,000 jobs.
- 88% of health sector establishments report that they have provided training for their employees in the proceeding 12 months compared to 67% in the local economy.
- Skills shortages are particularly prevalent within certain job roles. In the area, there is a need for more Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Registered Nurses (Band 5), Acute Medical Practitioners, Emergency Care and General Practice Specialists. Within Derbyshire there is a need for 100% more Advanced Clinical Medical Practitioners.