SKILLS Local - Supporting workforce development and business growthSKILLS Local provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your businesses skills and training needs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
What can SKILLS Local do for your business?
- Improve business productivity
- Access funding for accredited training
- Boost the efficiency and confidence of staff
- Acquire new skills and qualifications
- Support in growing your business
- Support in identifying your training needs
- Access a range of cash incentives
- Sector events for sharing best practice
- Skills to future proof your business
Our training is flexible – it can be delivered direct to staff on your premises, at one of our local centres or wherever there’s access to the internet.
In addition, businesses can claim up to £1950 of incentives by simply training and providing progression for your employees*
Partner training providers
What next?Call 0345 5210066 now or fill in the form to arrange a callback. A member of our team will contact you directly or refer you to one of our fully funded creative & digital course training providers working in partnership with learndirect.
Find out more about our funded skills support for the workforce training >>
Creative & Digital challenges*
- The creative & digital sector in D2N2 is home to 5,615 businesses.
- There is high demand for specialist skills within the creative & digital industry, including for advanced digital skills. Employers require their employees to be up-to-date with the latest technological advances.
- Skills shortages tend to be concentrated in the digital sub-sectors, rather than the creative sub-sectors, of the industry.
- A key emerging opportunity for the creative & digital sector is to increase sector marketing and visibility