SKILLS Local - Supporting workforce development and business growthSKILLS Local provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your businesses skills and training needs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
What can SKILLS Local do for your business?
- Improve business productivity
- Access funding for accredited training
- Boost the efficiency and confidence of staff
- Acquire new skills and qualifications
- Support in growing your business
- Support in identifying your training needs
- Access a range of cash incentives
- Sector events for sharing best practice
- Skills to future proof your business
Our training is flexible – it can be delivered direct to staff on your premises, at one of our local centres or wherever there’s access to the internet.
In addition, businesses can claim up to £1950 of incentives by simply training and providing progression for your employees*
Partner training providers
Construction Skills People
- Construction Skills People Ltd is a national training provider based in Chesterfield, which became incorporated in June 2008.
It delivers workplace learning (NVQ programmes) as well as programmes to the unemployed and Apprenticeships across a number of sectors including:
- Customer service, business administration
- Team leading and management
- Access Training has been successfully providing 'on the job' training in the East Midlands area for over 30 years, working with a variety of both large and small employers.
Its focus on the D2N2 contract is to work with committed employers who want to up skill their employees to offer not only better opportunities for them but increase the success of their business. Its area of focus are within construction, care and visitor attractions, engaging with employers to see the benefit of the ESF funding provided.
Access Training’s staff have all been practitioners in their field and are all vocationally qualified so that you can be assured of a quality experience.
What next?Call 0345 5210066 now or fill in the form to arrange a callback. A member of our team will contact you directly or refer you to one of our fully funded construction course training providers working in partnership with learndirect.
Find out more about our funded skills support for the workforce training >>
- The construction sector in D2N2 is home to 8,635 businesses
- Ensuring availability of a skilled workforce
- There are opportunities to be a part of some major infrastructure and restoration projects for those firms with the right skills
- The majority of the construction sector firms have aging workforce which will mean younger people will have to be brought in and trained