Your chosen pathway will be made up of a number of units, each of which will require you to complete an assignment. You'll find 'assessment planners' included within the course materials for each unit; these are designed to help you to complete the relevant assignment. Your personal tutor will be responsible for marking your assignments and giving you with feedback about the work you've produced, and how you can improve.
All learners starting an Access to Higher Education Diploma must have a GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification), a relevant NVQ at level 2 or above and aspire to study a related degree at university.
Access to Higher Education Diplomas fulfil entry criteria for a broad range of university degrees and can be used in conjunction with the standard UCAS application process. In short, Access to Higher Education Diplomas have a track record of helping learners get to the university and degree of their choice. Learners must bear in mind each University has their own set of admission criteria and places are subject to demand. Varying admission criteria can include but are not limited to the following:
- Number of credits to be attained at Merit or Distinction level.
- Successfully passing a face-to-face interview at the University.
- Passing a Universities proprietary literacy and numeracy assessments.
- Completion of specified work placements or work experience.
- We strongly recommend learners starting an Access to Higher Education Diploma have a GCSE Grade A – C in Maths and English (or equivalent Level 2 such as Functional Skills/Key Skills etc.) OR a full L2 NVQ qualification in a related subject.
Each learner must undertake their own research to ensure their diploma is properly specified and gives them the best possible chance of gaining entry to their university of choice. This research should be undertaken as soon as possible. learndirect will not be able to accept any liability for the inability of any Access to Higher Education Diploma learner failing to secure an offer from a Higher Education institution.